Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Landed in Manila

Hubby has landed safe and sound yesterday afternoon here in Manila. His arrival time was scheduled at exactly 12noon but he was able to clear the immigration and customs 2 hours after that. I was really surprise to see that there were enough parking space at the arrival area (NAIA Terminal 1) plus the arrival greeting area was not so crowded unlike before...the secret??? It is simply because the waiting area section wherein you have to pay previously is now "FREE of charge"..thank goodness!!!

Anyway, let me tell you another story before we reached the airport. Here it goes, we were supposed to go straight to the arrival extension  but due to late release of hubby's luggage's we have to make another round to go to the parking area and just wait for him to call me.

We actually missed the parking entrance and so I asked my dad to make a U-turn  near the Centennial airport. Well, in my humble opinion we didn't swerve we just passed the jeep in front of us that was loading passengers. Little did we know that an MMDA enforcer was just right at the corner waving at us. We stopped and asked fro our violation but I seriously didn't understand a word. He was so giddy to issue a violation ticket without letting us now what's our violation. Anyway, i just want to finish it fast. I asked if we can settle it in any way. And you know what the MMDA enforcer said? "It's better to pay 650pesos without receipt than to go to Makati and pay the same amount plus seminar"

Geeeee!!! 650pesos? i was thinking and hoping to give him 100pesos - I now i was wrong to tolerate their act but we we were in the nick of time. I tried to bargain even half of the price but they refused...kapal ng face ni Manong! He even said " lagay nyo sa papel para di mahalata" at pagkabigay he asked my dad again how much did we put and he said 600 nalang kasi wala ng 50 pesos.He was bit hesitant but decided to accept the money kahit kulang ng 50pesos..grabe!

Fast forward...on our way home nakita namin na nagkalat ang MMDA along airport/MIA road at ang dami nilang hinuhuli. Just cant imagine 650pesos times 20cars magkan o kaya yun in 1 day??? grrrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, we had our late lunch at Don Henrico's infront of Rob Place Manila. I didn't bring my cam kaya no photos sa blog na ito :-)

2 comments:

  1. ok lang walang pics, at least you're happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rizza! punta ba kayo ni Jeff sa Sunday?

    ReplyDelete