Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coconut Macaroons

I am a big fan of Coconut Macaroons! I can still remember when I was younger, I used to buy it from a local bake shop near our house and it only costs 2.00pesos/piece.
Then i shifted to Baker's Fair and eventually to Goldilocks. Both have good Macaroons...crunchy from outside and chewy inside..just the way I like it
Today, I had the guts to bake it. I was a bit hesitant because the original recipe calls for Vanilla extract which I don't have and I don't think it is available here in  the Kingdom (maybe it is available but I just don't know where to buy it)
Anyway, to cut the story short I made my first Coconut Macaroons! And it was a success! Yipeeeeeeeee!
I actually used Joy of Baking Recipe ~ Coconut Macaroons because I find it very easy.
So, here it is my Freshly baked Macaroons! Drum roll please hahaha!





7 comments:

  1. it has been a long time that i wanted to make coconut macaroons. gustung-gusto ko din yan! yang version sa atin makagawa nga rin nyan ang dali lang pala :) coconut macaroons will be my next baking project thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akala ko nga dati mahirap at complicated gawin pero it turned out good hehehe..yung iba kasi na macaroons dry..eto chewy, soft at moist..post mo ha pag nakagawa ka na. Will try mini tart/tarlets from joy of baking din :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i will! naku gusto ko na ngang gawin ngayon eh kaso di ako sure kung kasya pa yung shreded coconut ko :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sana meron din like button dito para super like ako dito sa post mo, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you sis! di ko alam kung ano nag itatawag ko sayo dahil di ko alam ang fisrt name mo kaya "sis" lang ako ng "sis" hahaha..try mo gumawa madali lang ito.

    ReplyDelete
  6. youbiidooo!!! thanks so much cielo i discovered making coconut macaroons grace of your post. I made macaroons this afternoon with your recipe of course :) we all liked it! ang sarap pala lalo na pag sariling mong gawa :) nothing beats home baked goodies will share some photo soon. thanks again!!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gumwa din ako nito yesterday at ubos heheh..mamaya gagawa din ako dahil may get together sila hubby at magdadala daw sya nito.super dali lang gawin no at masarap! will wait for your post...congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete