Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lengua De Gato

Yesterday, I was in the mood do to simple baking. Yes, you heard or should I say "you read it right" hahahaha. I know the process of baking is not a simple thing so, I think it is more appropriate  to say simple ingredients...that sounds better.
I remember baking this yummy cookie years back kaso di na nasundan.Kaya i tried making it again.
I only have here the final product in the jar. I wasn't able to take photos of the step by step procedure. I will do it next time.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar (some calls for 1/2 cup but i prefer my cookie to be a little sweeter)
2 egg whites
1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1/8 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Cream butter then add sugar
3. Stir egg whites, salt and flour
4. Place in a piping bag
5. Pipe (3 inches long) in a baking tray lined with wax paper/baking paper.
6. Place in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for roughly 10 minutes or until the edges of the Lengua is brown.
7. Let it cool and place in a container. Enjoy!!!

** I've read a different recipe that includes whole egg**  Will try it next time

2 comments:

  1. ang galing sis! baking is one of my frustrations, di kasi ako marunong ng measurements, most of the time sobra ako lage, hehe..keep posting recipes, nakakainspire kasi. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you sis! naku kayang kaya mo yan ako self taught lang din.reasearch ng konti tapos trial and error lang din pero good thing okay naman ang finished product ;-)

    ReplyDelete