Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sugar Cookie

I am truly fascinated with sugar cookies decorated with Royal Icing because it doesn't only look good but it tastes good.

That is why I thought of making a ladybug cookie for my daughter's party. It is a big challenge for me since this will be my first time to decorate a cookie and also my first time to use Royal Icing.
Well, I have to perfect my sugar cookie first before anything else.So, here is the delish SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE from my favorite baking site www.joyofbaking.com


Sugar Cookies:

3 cups (390 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

** I omitted the baking soda and vanilla extract** 


 I tried Cookie Pop too. Rania ate it all

My stack of cookies.

I made roughly 50 pieces from the recipe
I am satisfied with the outcome of my cookies. The thickness is just right and no spreading (common complain and problem with sugar cookies) The trick is to chill the dough after cutting.                       

2 comments:

  1. ang dameng cookies! i never tried making sugar cookies patok talaga yan sa mga bata maging sa adult talagang nagpraktis ka na ah goodluck sa kiddie party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very easy to bake at ang sarap nya! Cookies ang party favor ko sa adult :-) yes, i agree patok sa kids at adult at hindi masasayang dahil kahit di agad kainin pwede di agad masisira.

    ReplyDelete