Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sugar Cookie, Royal Icing, Piping and Flooding

After I baked my yummy goody cookies (love your own hahaha) I let it cool for 24 hrs. The following day, I prepared the Royal Icing.

Ingredients:
4 cups (440 grams) confectioners' (powdered or icing)sugar
3 tablespoons (30 grams) meringue powder
1/2 - 3/4 cup (120 - 180 ml) warm water


The consistency of your Royal Icing will make or break the whole decoration of your cookie. So, you have to make sure you get it right. It was my first time to make sugar cookies as well as the royal icing, hesitant at first, but like what they say "No Guts , No Glory" kaya naman either maging successful or 
not ang aking first attempt... atleast I tried.
Btw, as for the consistency of the Royal Icing ~ Flooding there are 10second rule, 17 second and 20 second na you can follow. For piping, a thicker consistency ang mas maganda (for me) although you can still use the flooding consistency of your icing for piping
.
Piping
I have to use an outline para mas ayos ang shape.I need an edible pen for it. 

 Here is my first attempt. I am really happy with the outcome..no bubbles! hooray! 

 Rania made these cutie smiley's (with my help)

I tried to copy the ladybug from the invite kaso my piping tip is quite big kaya I decided to create something like this. Di ko alam kung mukang ladybug, peace sign or bettlebug hahaha.
As for the color, I got it right. Many novice bakers like me would have problems with the colors black and red kasi its hard to get the correct color pero with my FLOW PASTE Food Coloring from KopyKake I was able to perfect it at no bitter taste though I used more color than the usual.

I experimented some..Sun, Letters and No flooding.

I let it dry for another 24hrs but I decided not to put the red dots/colors kasi I am not satisfied with the drawing hehehe..Sayang ang effort.
I will try next time the Icing transfer para I can use a transparency film to trace the ladybug photo. 
I hope  it will work next time. Kung hindi parin maganda isip nalang ng ibang pwedeng design ;-)









2 comments:

  1. ang ganda nga eh though akala ko nga din nung una peace sign hehehe practice makes perfect! kaya mo yan yung last two photos nakuha mo na cutey design. also love the smiley ones! more courage for next attempt good luck cookie girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maruh! more practice pa hehehe..

    ReplyDelete