Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

California Maki


When I go for vacation in the Philippines I make sure to write down the things I want to bring back here in Riyadh (except pork hehehe) I usually bring Yakult, pastries from Goldilocks and from local bakeshop in Bulacan, some condiments and sauces (those not available here in Riyadh)
During our last vacay, I was abel to bring with me Nori (seaweed wrapper) so I can make my own California Maki here at home because it is kinda expensive to buy Maki's and Shushi's here in Riyadh.Unfortunately, I only brought few (ubos na sya agad)
Then I remember seeing Japanese products like arborio rice, seaweed (Nori) etc from a grocery store here in Riyadh but when I went there it is no longer available *sad*
So, when a family friend went for a vacation last month I asked her to get me Nori, Wasabe and Light Soy Sauce.
Wasabe Paste, Philippine Mangoes (bought it from a Filipino Store)

My Homemade California Maki

Ingredients:
  1. Nori (Seaweed Wrapper)
  2. Crabsticks
  3. Ripe Mangoes
  4. Cucumber
  5. Rice (I used Thai Rice ~ its a lil bit sticky and so it is ideal for my Maki)
  6. Garlic Mayonnaise 
  7. Light Soy Sauce and Wasabe for dip



**Happy Eating**

2 comments:

  1. ohhh your california maki looks good! awww how i miss mangoes in the philippines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Maruh! wala ba Phils mangoes dyan?

    ReplyDelete